10.15.2010

A Halloween Romance- Part 2

“This party is definitely a lot better than I thought it would be! Oh my god! And it’s our last Halloween as college students!”

Ally laughed at Macy’s comment. “Hitting the witch’s brew a little hard are we? I’m still nursing glass number one.”

“Oh Al, it’s only number three for me…I think.”

“Oh do you? Well I……..” Ally glanced toward the door and completely froze, stunned.

Macy, baffled as to what was wrong, looked at Ally and then to the door also, following her line of sight. “Is that who I…”

“Yes.” Ally answered Macy’s question before she could even finish it. “It’s Max.”

Ally was shocked beyond belief. She had been having a weird, gut feeling all day and now this. It had been almost a year since they had spoken last.

“Well this night just keeps getting better and better.” Macy surmised, taking another drink of the potent brew.

“I wouldn’t say that!”

“Oh, I’m sure you will, by the end of the night,” said Macy with a grin.

All of a sudden, Ally had a sneaky feeling that Macy knew something about Max being in town, “What do you mean, Macy?”

"Ummm...I don’t know! I’m drunk! But I do know that there is a tall, dark, and handsome pirate over there staring right at you now. I, on the other hand, am going in search of that cowboy I met earlier. Have fun Ally!"

With Macy’s comment, Ally turned her eyes back to Max. Just as she had said, Max was staring straight at her. Never before had she felt so turned on and pissed off at the same time. But that was Max. He always knew how to stir up all her emotions. Now he was standing there across the room, with that roguish grin on his face. The same grin that always knew how to get her into his bed.

Ally turned her back to Max and walked out of his sight. “That grin of yours won’t be working on me tonight or any other.”

No comments:

Post a Comment