1.30.2011

Under the Mistletoe-Part 8...The FINALE!

**********************************************************************************
Later that day…
Rosalie let the warm water glide down her numb body, washing away all the remnants of tears. She had been alone with her thoughts all morning and she finally knew what she had to do.  
As she jumped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her damp body, she heard her front door open and close. Hope rose within her that he had come back. Stepping out of the bathroom, that instant moment of hope crumbled. Her feelings reaffirmed what she knew she had to do.
“Hey babe! I’ve tried to reach you all morning! Is everything okay?” Rosalie stood there speechless for a moment but then found her voice.
“Micah, what are you doing here? You surprised me.” Her voice trailed off.
“Well, I wanted to surprise you. I am taking the weekend off and I was hoping we could make that little getaway we were talking about. Just me and you. No work.”
“I…” Rosalie’s voice trailed off. There she went again, not knowing how to say what she needed to.
Just then, a knock came at her door and Micah left Rosalie to open it. There, standing in the doorway was Tristan. Tristan looked at Rosalie and Micah and made a sudden move to hide the flowers he had brought for her behind his back.
“Well, looks like I’m intruding…” Tristan started to walk out but Micah’s voice stopped him.
Micah had looked at Rosalie and noticed the raw emotion all over her face the moment after he answered the door. He knew something was not right.
“Is there something I’m missing here?” Micah looked to Tristan then back at Rosalie. Their expressions were too obvious.
“Micah…can we talk?”
“Talk?” Micah was still baffled but not for long. Looking back between Tristan and Rosalie, the obvious hit him square in the face.
“No way. You have got to be kidding me.” Micah directed his sudden anger directly at Tristan. “You’re fucking sleeping with my fiancé, aren’t you?” Neither of them denied his accusation. The truth was out.
“Micah!” Rosalie could feel the tension rise in the air.
“You!” Micah came face to face with Rosalie and his rage overtook him. His hand swept across her face in a shattering slap.
Rosalie stood there stunned as Tristan grabbed Micah and slammed his fist into his face.
“You are one sorry excuse for a man.” Tristan was shaking, he was so angry.
Micah lay there, moaning and clutching his broken nose as Rosalie finally came out of her shock of being slapped by the man she thought she had once loved.
“Get out! It’s over! Just get out of my house!” Micah got up and stumbled out of the house, slamming the door and never looking back.
Tristan immediately took Rosalie in his arms as soon as Micah had left, and she laid her head on his chest, overcome with tears.
“God, Tristan, it didn’t have to end like that. He….he had never hit me before.”
“The man showed his true colors. I didn’t make the situation any better but I’m glad I came back.”
Rosalie tilted her face up to look at Tristan, “me too.”
They held their embrace, not wanting to let the other go. Silence enveloped them but said so much. Rosalie finally broke the silence with her declaration.
“I love you, Tristan and don’t you ever walk out of that door for good again.”
Tristan laughed and then framed her face with his hands, “never again.”
And they kissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment