4.28.2011

A Royal Affair

Part 2
“Welcome to Home Sweet Home!”
“I love it! And this area is perfect! Close enough to downtown London but also in a quaint neighborhood.” Evelyn had been in awe during the ride to their apartment located near Hyde Park. She couldn’t tear her eyes away from the beautiful architecture of the city and the people.
“Like I said, I’ve lived here for about 4 months now and I can’t see myself living anywhere else. While the rent is pricey it is more than worth it.”
“Yeah, and you have me here now to help with that!”
“Yes! Now let me show you your room. You will absolutely love what I have done with it.”
They finished touring the apartment and made their way to Evelyn’s new room for the next six months. Rose had went to school to study Art History and worked in a high end gallery in London. Evelyn had trusted her with decorating and finding the appropriate furnishings for her bedroom.
“Rose! This is perfect!” The room was very large complete with a four poster canopy bed, an armoire, desk, and night stand. It was absolutely perfect.
Evelyn fell onto the bed with a sigh of happiness. “Now this bed is fit for a Queen.”
“I told you it was totally worth the money!”
“Hmmm yes, you were right.” Evelyn continued to lie there, drawing in a deep breath of satisfaction. She knew she was where she was supposed to be. Everything strangely felt so right.
“Would you care for a cup of tea?”
Rose’s question jolted Evelyn back down to Earth. “Yes, that would be great.”
Walking into the kitchen, Evelyn surveyed the rest of the apartment. It seemed as if it would be an excellent place to for her to write. Before she knew it, there was a cup of warm tea in front of her.
“Get prepared, I’m taking you clubbing tonight at the Raffles in West End," Rose blurt out as she took another sip of her tea.
“You know I’m not crazy about that scene, Rose. I would much rather go to a pub and throw back a couple beers. I’ll go though. Can’t say no to something I have yet to try.”
“Oh, I know. But it’s so different here than it is in the states. This place is very high end and it is one of the best clubs in London. I can probably even get us in the VIP lounge.”
Evelyn raised her eyebrows inquisitively at Rose. “Oh? And how is that?”
Rose grinned. “One of the managers has the hots for me. I met him at an art show a couple months ago.”
“I think I remember you telling me about this guy.”
“Yep, Harry is his name but any who, Raffles is very high end and a lot of British celebs go there.”
“Sounds like it could turn out to be a very interesting night.”
“Yes it does indeed.”
They finished off their tea and Evelyn busied herself unpacking. The night ahead was only a fleeting thought in her mind. She couldn’t wait to dive into research the next day and her thoughts became crowded with the places she longed to visit first.

No comments:

Post a Comment